Here at badi we are on a mission to create a product that people love! We use new technologies, amazing UX/UI, Data and AI to reshape the real estate market worldwide!
We are looking for a talented Ruby Engineer looking to build a state of the art back end system. You’ll join a committed premier league team of designers, architects, scientists, storytellers, executors & creators. We work in a fun and fast-paced environment where agile execution and resiliency are of great importance!
We work in cross-functional teams to improve the product though iteration and feedback from all members seeking the best experience possible. Within your team you will:
- Have a key role in designing and building the partner integration services.
- Write high quality code to ship new features in our core API written in Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Get your hands dirty with integrations in different parts of our system which will also include tweaking code in web, iOS and Android when required.
- Refactor the existing code to improve performance and scalability
- Take part in the design and development of new back-end projects that might require learning new tech skills and programming languages (e.g. Elixir & Go).
- Implement and test new features in our core API
We’re looking for you if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience developing high performance backend systems with Ruby.
- Have a deep knowledge of software engineering, best practices, design patterns, testing, CI/CD...
- Have solid experience in writing RESTful APIs.
- Experience building software with a focus on testability - Test/Behaviour Driven Development.
- Are a team player.
- A strong drive to continuously learn new technical skills.
- Professional proficiency in English (Spanish is a plus, but not required).
- Knowledge in other programming languages, in particular Elixir or Go.
- Prior experience with agile software development, even better if you’ve worked in a squad model.
- Knowledge of Docker and containerised environments (ECS, K8S)
We will <3 you even more if:
- You contribute actively to the open source community.
- You’re an active participant/speaker at meetups and conferences.
What we offer
- Work alongside a seasoned CTO ex-Google Leader who has over 6+ years of Agile software development experience with a strong commitment to employee empowerment and diversity as well as a very talented technical team eager to revolutionise the real estate industry.
- Competitive salary.
- Free gym-for-less membership.
- Fresh fruit and coffee.
- Cozy offices in a fantastic location of sunny Barcelona with views of all the city and the Mediterranean.
- We give you the freedom to push the boundaries of your role
- 23 days of paid holiday and 15 days for remote work
- Flexible working hours and special attention to work-life balance
- Join a diverse bunch from over 20 different nationalities, different backgrounds, ages and family statuses in a strongly collaborative environment
- Language courses (English/Spanish).
*Applications must be submitted in English!