About the Role
The City Manager (CM) is one of the most critical and demanding positions Badi has to offer; it requires a unique combination of past experience and skills. As the leader of the region, the CM is responsible for the development and sustainable growth of our business in his area.
This is first and foremost a role for strong, analytical marketers, focusing on reaching new users and extending the Badi brand in a relevant and thoughtful way in a market. As the CM, you’ll also be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining and continuously improving our quality throughout the Lister’s and Seeker’s experience, customer support, local marketing and supply chain management.
This role requires excellent collaboration across different functional and specialised teams. We need leaders that are visionaries and can build, coach and inspire high performing teams to reach their potential. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering tailored messages is crucial.
It’s the intersection of the analytical with the creative that makes the Badi CM an incredibly difficult job to fill and the impact on our people and our business that make it such a great job to have!
As a City Manager, you will be in charge of shaping and leading your city to success, increasing our supply, generating and matching the supply and developing Badi awareness in the city.
- Strategy: Own your market by defining business priorities and design and implement a detailed action plan to fully succeed in your city.
- Execution: you will have to execute all your operational plan and, if necessary, build and lead a team to support you in this execution.
- Coordination: you will have to be a coordination expert to perfectly using the support of other departments such as sales, performance marketing, communication, product, and data. You will have to work closely with all these and get the most of them.
- Understand the supply structure in your city: analyse your city and understand the market opportunity in your city. Understand how supply is divided between the main segments (professionals, homeowners, etc.) and find the best channels to contact them.
- Promote local activities to become part of the industry standard in the market - delivering on our mission and improving the ways cities work. This includes:
- Managing local regulatory concerns and local politics in partnership.
- Collaborating with our Marketing team to initiate creative local strategies and user growth campaigns.
- Managing acquisition and quality of supply.
- Representing Badi at local events and with local PR.
- Communicating product/process needs and works with product/engineering to deliver on them.
- Working with peer City Managers to help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices.
- Working in partnership with BI to analyse market data KPIs.
- Creating strategic partnerships and alliances for your market.
- Product Improvement: by understanding your city specificity you will have to work with Badi product team and adapt the product to your city.
- Work closely with the Operations Team to implement new processes and products in your city
- You will have to travel to Berlin every time it is needed.
What You'll Need
- +3/4 years of relevant experience as a market manager building local marketing initiatives.
- Previous experience in a fast-growing tech startup, ideally in the local city.
- Business Proficiency in English and German (Spanish is a plus).
- A data-driven mentality and sound business judgment achieved through a strong analytical mindset.
- A creative, solutions-focused approach, with a focus on achieving results.
- Relevant experience in consumer marketing preferred.
- Be an incredible team player.
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen.
- An entrepreneurial DNA.
- Master’s degree, MBA or another relevant field, preferred but not required.
- An eye for great talent and the ability to unlock the potential of high-performing teams.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and uncertainty with humility and resilience.
- A passion for Badi and growing the brand.
This role will be based in Badi HQ in Barcelona. However, eventually it might be relocated to Berlin, should the employee and the company reach an agreement on the need for it.
What do we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Free gym-for-less membership
- Fresh fruit and coffee
- Cozy offices right next to the beach in a fantastic location at the 22@ district of sunny Barcelona with a fantastic terrace with views of all the city and the Mediterranean
- We give you the freedom to push the boundaries of your role
- 23 days of paid vacation and 15 days for remote work
- Flexible working hours and special attention to work-life balance
- Work in a startup with a growing customer base and an exciting product roadmap
- Join a diverse bunch from over 20 different nationalities, different backgrounds, ages and family statuses in a strongly collaborative environment
- A wide range of employee benefits including gym, yoga, fruit and language courses (English/Spanish)
PLEASE NOTE - You must have a valid EU passport/working visa to be considered for this position.