At Badi, we shift the traditional and outdated way of renting to a more human, modern, and disruptive approach thanks to AI, Data, and UX. Bottom line, we help people to rent rooms and apartments that are good for them. It's why we come to work every day.
As honesty is part of our foundation, we can’t hide that the pandemic has left some scars over. Whilst changing strategies and team transformation have been enforced, we can say that we were supportive of one another, as we all faced uncertainty. We have succeeded in turning pain into rocket fuel as a team (#Weareubuntu) because we believe in our mission and vision to become the new generation rental marketplace.
(It is an exciting time to become a badi. Our numbers are promising, we have made profound changes in our product and operations strategy and are counting on each member of the team to make our business model take off)
What´s the opportunity?
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Mobile Software Engineer looking to build a state-of-the-art mobile system. In this role, you will work in a cross-functional team to improve the product through iteration and feedback from all members seeking the best experience possible.
As a Mobile Software Engineer within your squad, you will:
- Rotate through different parts of the product, learning new technologies,
- Participate in small cross-functional teams that challenge your ideas,
- Be part of a fast-paced team governed by our dreams for a better future,
- Collaborate on tasks that go beyond those of your immediate responsibilities, you are a team player!
We do not have Google, Facebook, or Booking engineers. Yet, we have a super talented team who have been learning all the code details from scratch and almost since the inception of the company. That’s the engineering culture that we pursue and want to keep throughout time. Feel free to check out your future mobile buddies, Andrés Hernández, Jorge de los Santos, Sergei Perevoznikov and Jose Luis López.
Your ideal experience
- Has a BSc or MSc in CS or equivalent,
- At least 2+ yrs of experience in the industry,
- Experience with native iOS, Android development, or both. And possibly one of the following: machine learning, developing large software systems, security software development, ruby restless APIs. Make sure to check our stack!
- A strong drive to continuously learn new technical skills. Curiosity is the main driver for innovation.
- Proficiency in English (Spanish is a plus, but not required).
Nice to have
- Prior experience with agile software development, even better if you’ve worked in a cross-functional squad model.
- You’ve driven your own projects from idea to completion.
How we’ll take care of you
- Salary: 40.000 € - 50.000 € depending on experience and stock option package.
- This role can be fully remote inside the GMT +/- 2-time zone. Our offices in Barcelona will remain available for any employee who wishes to use them on a part-time or full-time basis.
- The freedom to push the boundaries of your role and the opportunity to actively contribute to a company that is revolutionizing the real estate industry for the better.
- 23 days of paid holidays + extra day off for your birthday.
- Flexible working hours, short Fridays, and special attention to work-life balance.
- Gym- Basic Membership and/ or Health insurance.
- Access to a flexible benefits scheme with restaurants and transportation.
- And last but not least, join a diverse bunch from over 10 different nationalities, different backgrounds, ages, and family statuses in a strongly collaborative environment.
Our Hiring Process
NOTE: All interviews will take place remotely over hangouts or through our ATS videocall system while the current Covid19 situation persists.
Intro Call with People - On this first call, we'll get to know each other. We'll get you excited about what we're building and the impact we're trying to have on the world. You'll walk us through your experience and ambitions (30 minutes).
Intro Call with Eng. Lead- Get to know one of our top-notch Engineer Lead. We'll dive deeper into your achievements & past responsibilities. We'll also make sure to answer any questions you have by then (45 minutes).
Challenge: Coding/ Case study (role dependant)- It should be a challenge that can be completed in less than 4hrs. We give you 1 week to complete the challenge since received. After the challenge is completed, an Engineer interviewer will go over it.
Challenge defense and follow up- During this meeting, you´ll explain the decisions taken in the Challenge, you´ll receive feedback, and discuss improvements so we can better understand your thinking process (45 minutes).
Open Day: If you successfully pass all the prior hiring stages, we will invite you to come to our offices so we can share the Badi experience. It will look like this:
Interview with Engineer Manager. We will walk you through our engineering culture, our way of working, and the specifics of the job position (45 minutes).
Technical interview. You´ll solve a technical problem together with someone from the team. We thrive on collaboration and besides your technical skills, we value your growth and knowledge (60 minutes).
Coffee talk with an Engineer Peer. You will not be evaluated but this is your chance to ask any doubt you may have about Badi that was not answered before (30 minutes).
Offer- Should you be the right match, your offer will be discussed over the phone with the People Team and will then be confirmed in writing.
Applications must be submitted in English
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or another legally protected status.